The thought of getting a massage can be somewhat intimidating. Maybe you think you'd be embarrassed laying on a massage table with a perfect stranger touching your body. The good news is, massage therapists are professionals whose job it is to make you feel at ease. If you can't see yourself getting undressed and laying on a table, a chair massage is another option.
If you need more information before getting your massage, here are the answers to three frequently asked questions when it comes to massage.
Are There Different Types of Massages?
There are a variety of different types of massages. Each of them has its own benefits and addresses specific issues in the body. Here are some of the most common types of massages:
- Deep Tissue Massage - during this type of massage, a deeper pressure is applied to the muscles and other parts of the body that may be experiencing pain, soreness, or stiffness.
- Chair Massage - this type of massage enables you to stay fully clothed and sitting in a chair while a massage therapist massages your neck, back, and arms. This type of massage can also be done in a motorized massage chair without a massage therapist.
- Hot Stone Massage - hot stones are placed on certain parts of your body and a therapist massages with the stones instead of their hands.
Massage therapists generally use some type of oil to lessen the friction between your skin and their hands. Some therapists use essential oils to give you an aromatherapy massage.
What Are the Benefits of Massage?
Some historians believe that massage has been a form of healing since the year 3,000 BC. Through the years, many people have reaped the benefits of massage. Some of those benefits include:
- Helps give the immune system a boost
- Reduces stress levels and helps the body to feel relaxed
- Helps to improve sleep
- Increases circulation of the blood
- Reduces edema and swelling in the body
Another benefit massage therapy provides is that it can help to reduce chronic pain in various parts of the body.
What Medical Conditions are Treated with Massage?
According to a recent survey, most people who got a massage did so because of a medical issue they were having. Some conditions massage can effectively treat include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Massage is effective in treating these conditions because it helps to improve circulation, range of motion, and helps the body to release endorphins, all of which important when it comes to healing. For more information, contact a company like lone star chair massage.